Friday, July 6, 2012

Windows 8, Android Devlopment and Windows Phone Development

I was trying to prepare a laptop so that I can do development while I am on the road.  So I set of preparing the machine this morning.  I made a big mistake by first trying to use Windows 8.  It turns out that Windows 8 RC (at least on my Lenovo X60T) is such a bad environment for mobile phone development because:
  • The speed of running Andorid emulator on X60T was horribly slow, and yet I tried and FAILED to install the device driver of my HTC Desire on Windows 8 enviornment.
  • I have problem running Windows phone application on emulator.  The emulator got triggered, but the application was not deployed. 
So switched to Windows 7 on the same machine.  Everything went smoothly on Android development with Eclipse.  HTC USB Driver works, and so is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB Driver.But for Windows Phone development, I still got an error saying "Windows phone emulator is not supported on this computer because this computer does not have the required graphics processing unit configuration."  So that means I can't do PhoneGap development on Windows Phone platform on this machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment