Sunday, September 22, 2013

Just because I uninstall you doesn't mean I hate you

Here's yet another round of my massive android software uninstall from my Galaxy Nexus phone.  I have this crave to keep my Galaxy Nexus lean and mean for several reasons:

  • It's not a high end phone, so having lots of background process can seriously slow it the phone down.
  • I don't see myself upgrading to another phone soon.  I like my Galaxy Nexus and I found it do great enough job to assist my daily life.  
  • The more apps I have, the more time the phone will spent on updating.
So these are the apps I uninstalled recently:

Musical Instrument:
  • SPC Demo, Real Piano, RD4 Demo : these are new breed of apps that provides digital musical instrument with low latency.  Finally Android has potential to do what Garage Band did on iOS device.  But then, I already have an iPod Touch generation 5 with Garage Band and other great musical instrument apps.  I don't need some promising but inferior apps on Andorid.
Explorer
  • File Expert, File Manager, Astro File Manager: they are .. fine, but just not as awesome as ES File Explorer.  I still keep FX (File Explorer) because it doesn't have ads to annoy me, and it has some cloud access capability.
Wall Paper
  • Mario Live Wallpaper, PhotoWall:  Yeah they are cute for a while, but eventually I got tired of them.
Voip:
  • Line, GrooVe IP Lite, Kakao Talk, Viber, Bobsled Calling: I mainly use Talkstone, and have GV Phone as my backup just in case.  That should be it.
Audiobook: 
  • Music Folder Player Free: it could be a good app, but I don't have time to play with it yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment