Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back to Stock and Unroot on Nexus 7

My Nexus 7 is more or less a development machine, and as part of my development process, I need to test a tool called Mobile Iron.  It's the security solution that our company used.  So installed it, and it refused to install secured apps because it detected that my Nexus 7 has been "compromised", probably because it's rooted.

So to continue my work on it, I need to unroot it.  BUt how?

I used my office machine Dell Dimension M6600 running dual boot (Windows 7 Enterprise edition and Windows 8 Pro).  But then both failed to run the Nexus Root Tool 1.7.1 .

Then I realized that I successfully used a Netbook Lenovo S12 running Windows 7 Pro with Nexus Root Tool.  So I yanked it out, and sure enough it worked.

And so I carryout the unroot process, which is actually pretty simply:


  • Launch Nexus Root Toolkit 1.7.2
  • Click [Backup] to backup your device
  • Click [Flash Stock + Unroot]
During the process, I needed to follow whatever instruction that came up on screen, but never the less, at the end, I have an stock Nexus 7 device.


No comments:

Post a Comment