Monday, January 21, 2013

Time to speed up my Galaxy Nexus by uninstalling bunch of apps

The user expert  of my Galaxy Nexus is once again slow to a point that I can't tolererant, and it's time to do something about it.

The biggest reason why it's getting slow is because there are quite a lot of process running at the back for NO GOOD REASON.  I understand that in order to prove me updated information, some apps will kick off some process at the back once in a while, and I understand that.  However, I can't tolerate apps that keep staying at the background all the time and yet:

- Without option to choose whether to stop to service and STAY STOPPED until I choose otherwise
- Before even use it once

So here's the list I uninstalled from my device.  Notice that they are not all bad apps.  It's just that I personally don't use them enough to justify having them keep running at the backrgound for no good reasons:

Android application that runs that background for (to me) no good reasons:
- PhotoWonder
- Amazon AppStore
- PhotoWonder
- DoubleTwist
- SugarSync
- Spotify
- Office Suite
- Dropbox
- Nook
- WeChat
- musiXmatch
- WongXin (Alibaba)

So now they are gone, let me see if my Galaxy Nexus experience gets any better.

Ultimately, I really should just rooted my phone so that I can use "Freeze" tools to keep services from starting.  But it will involve wiping out all data on my phone.  So ... well ... someday I will root my phone.  Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment