Monday, August 20, 2012

Once again, ***k you RIAA

I am starting to prepare my trip to Hong Kong, and suddenly think of something: can I access my files and music on the cloud while I am in Hong Kong?  I did some research and found out the answer: file, yes, music no.

It started with me trying to upload audiobooks to my Google Music account, and then found out that I already used up by 2 account linkage restriction (imposed by Google).  My account X and account D are linked to my office M6500 machine, and so I can't use that machine to upload music to another Google Music account.  Also, Google Music Upload Manager doesn't work in VM (VMWare).

But then, it's the internet. so when there's a will, there is a way.  Someone created a Chrome app to bypass the restriction, called Music Alpha.  It seems to work ok with real music files, but have problem with audiobooks, and eventually I gave up on uploading audiobook.

But the last nail on the coffin comes from my friend in HK.  He tried and told me that he couldn't access Google Music both on desktop or on Google vote.  So, game over.

However, access, Google Drive still works fine.

So you can guess where I will upload my audiobooks to.



No comments:

Post a Comment